Friday 14 October 2011

Contextual Studies - The feel of Bioshock


Suddenly plunged into a frightening , mysterious, mad , bizarre world. NO KINGS OR GOD, ONLY MAN. As soon as I arrive, I’m assailed by impossibly powerful madmen. I struggle to repel them, and flee further into the city. This is a beautiful city, a utopia under the sea, but with a rotten cancer at its heart. Who’s effects are all around me. Madness, desperation, raw, feral instinct, running wild through the streets. I loot shops, corpses for food and supplies, which raises feelings of moral disputation within me. With no ethical, religious or governmental restraints, the excessive minds here have harnessed the powers of the Gods. And bottled it. I drink this ambrosia down greedily. I unleash it gleefully upon my enemies, who do the same in turn. Yet amidst all this chaos and depravity, glimmers of innocence appear. It falls to me if I am to crush these budding hopes in my fist, for my own personal gain, or set them free, and lead them away from this place. The great omnipresent creator of this city watches and studies my every move. I feel the sensation of constant observation everywhere. He communicates directly with me, questioning my presence here, my goals, my motives, undermining my confidence. I am embroiled into the strands of fate of the city.  `I feel small, threatened and real.

No comments:

Post a Comment