Sunday 8 April 2012

BA3 Companion Cube - Update 4

The next step, was to further define the small details of the cube. I studied the reference image again, to find small indentations criss-crossing the central cube. Also, the middle circle was more detailed than I previously thought. It had more layers, and was flat, not slightly curved, like I thought it was.

The cube with basic colour added

Afterwards, I found out how to add basic colour to my shapes. From lots of online research, I could sample colours directly from the original reference image, onto my Companion Cube. The image above is simply just coloured, but without texture. Like in the reference image, the Cube is visibly worn and battered. It has marred surfaces, with cracks running over it. To bring it closer to the original image, I made up a simple texture on photoshop, which i would stretch over the white sections of the Companion cube.

My Photoshop texture

In the above screenshot, I brightened the white sections to a degree, and added my texture to one of the top corners. Which is shown in a dull grey colour.



The cube with the texture added to the outer pieces

No comments:

Post a Comment