Sunday 8 April 2012

BA3 Companion Cube - Update 3

I was always trying to remember that good topology is important when modelling objects. I may create a fantastic looking object, but it may not do well when put into a game engine, with tightly packed edges and or vertices for example.  I had to spread out the faces was evenly as I could, whilst trying to emulate the shapes with the minimum amount of faces possible.
Before
After

On the top picture, the corner piece is in need of less subdivisions, on the large, flat face at least. In addition, the curved slope needs to be tidied up somewhat. 

After I had done the corner pieces, I moved onto the smaller pieces in-between them. These also featured clean, bevelled edges, and similar, curved slopes. The great thing about using a computer program to sculpt  objects, is that I could make just one corner piece, for example, and can instantly copy it, and reposition it. Therefore speeding up the work considerably. The next bit to do was a central circle, raised slightly up from the surface of the core cube. 


No comments:

Post a Comment