Thursday 26 April 2012

BA3 - 40k Door Update 3

In these screenshots, I have finished the basic structure of the door. I made my design intentionally quite simple. With it's major components numbering very little.



As you can see in the picture above, I have also begun to add extra objects to my scene. Namely, the three sandbags near the control panel. They were really easy to make, just a rectangle, subdivided a few times, with either end's verticies squished down a bit. In addition, I made a single sheet of corrugated iron. This will line the earthen wall, either side of the main door.



Recently, I found a great little tip on how to make barbed wire in maya. I used the helix polygon, then made some alterations in it's attributes box, to stretch it out. I made up a rough, war-torn patch of ground to place my wire on, then created a small scene which I will eventually add to my door.


No comments:

Post a Comment