Wednesday 5 February 2014

BA8 Digital Diorama - Project Introduction!

So, the final project. When I started here at NUA, I came with the idea of gaining the skills needed to be a concept artist at a game studio. Here at the last stretch of third year, I have changed over from 2D to 3D, with my goal being to create a 'digital diorama' of sorts. It will be finished to a high standard, efficiently modelled, fully textured with diffuse and normal maps applied.

I began with a few different ideas of what to make, but eventually my thoughts settled on my favourite dark, dystopic, science-fiction universe ever; Warhammer 40,000.

A ruined chapel, in the midst of a battle


A grim, gothic scene

Another battlefield ruin, with burst toxic waste pipe and oil barrel

This was the image I decided to settle on
This snowy scene is set on one of the fictional planets of the Warhammer 40,000 universe: Valhalla. I planned to make a snowy outcrop , with remains of a building evident, a gun emplacement and sandbags. I have since decided to draw more itterations of this scene. I made a few different scenes, all based around this fantasy conflict on Valhalla.


No comments:

Post a Comment