Thursday 22 November 2012

BA4 Game Design Document - entry 5

I had the idea of representing the overall structure of our game in the form of a flow chart, as this would give a simple, visual breakdown of our game, as a whole. Firstly, I looked at a game that already exists, and that I know well, and attempted to do a flowchart for it. I chose 'Call of Duty: Black Ops' (2010). I broke the game down into it's main constituent parts; single-player campaign, multiplayer, and Zombies. I also went into each major 'artery' to a small degree. For example, with multiplayer, I expressed that you can choose from offline splitscreen mode, wager matches, creating custom classes, view past games in 'Theatre mode' etc.

'Black Ops flow chart'


My next step is to create a flowchart for our own game, illustrating it's framework. I feel that this will be a good way to summarise our game to people .

No comments:

Post a Comment